The 2018 Midwest Big Data Summer School for Early Career Researchers will be held from May 14-17, 2018 in Ames, Iowa. This summer school is designed as an intensive curriculum aimed at early career researchers to get them started in data-driven research. The school will include full day lectures on topics ranging from: data acquisition, data preprocessing, exploratory data analysis, descriptive data analysis, data analysis tools and techniques, visualization and communication, ethical issues in data science, reproducibility and repeatability, and understanding of domain/context.
The last day of the summer school consists of tracks where each individual track focuses on a subarea of big data analysis. This year's tracks include: Foundations of Data Science, Software Analytics, Digital Agriculture, and Big Data Applications. Each track consist of tutorials and invited lectures that highlight current research methodologies and challenges. Participants can choose a track that they wish to attend when they register.
- Chid Apte, Director: Mathematical Sciences & Blockchain Solutions, IBM Research
- Tom Schenk, Chief Data Officer, City of Chicago
- Jacek Czerwonka, Microsoft Research
- Will Snipes, ABB Research
- and more ...
Venue: The Midwest Big Data Summer School will be held at the Iowa State University Memorial Union located at 2229 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA 50011. Badges can be picked up at 8am on May 14, 2018, and school sessions will start promptly at 8:30am on each of the school days (May 14-17, 2018).
Registration: Space is limited. Register today. If you are interested in attending the summer school go to online registration form.
- Early registration (Ends on March 14) - Early regular registration fee is $100 and early student registration fee is $75.
- Regular registration (March 15 - April 14) - Regular registration fee is $125 and student registration is $100.
- Late registration (April 15 - May 14) - Late registration fee is $150 and late student registration is $125.
- Email - email@example.com
- Fax - 515.232.6716
- Tel - 515.294.6222
Change in plans: If you cannot attend, you may send a substitute. If you cancel your registration on or before April 14, 2018, your registration fee will be refunded minus a $15 administration fee. All cancellations must be in writing and sent to Registration Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be made after April 14.
Travel Support: We have limited amount of travel support available for non-ISU participants. Travel support may include shared lodging, parking, and meals while attending the summer school. To be considered for travel support, please register by March 14, 2018 11:59pm and apply for travel support while registering. See above for registration information.